Thursday 28 July 2016

My New Home Office is Now Revealed

home office with green walls, white furniture and lots of lovely plants

My newly decorated home office is finally ready for public scrutiny. I must admit it wasn’t such a major task – save for the indecision over colour. And once I’d decided on this lovely leafy green and white combination it was simply a question of painting the walls, choosing some new furniture and shelves, and putting it all together. For once I managed to give the BF a rest and did it all myself. And it was all done on a very tight budget too.

home office with green walls, white furniture and lots of lovely plants

My one concession to luxury was my new Amelie office chair from Calligaris. The design experts at this Italian company have been producing stylish, practical furniture since 1923 and I had no trouble choosing one to fit my scheme. The optic white leather option looks contemporary with my other white furniture and is extremely comfortable with it’s deep seat and wrap-around back. I love the attention to detail too. Even the legs are covered in the softest of leather, there is very smart visible stitching, and (wait for it) a zip down the back. All things that elevate the design to one of exceptional quality.

home office - green and white colour scheme with lots of lovely plants

So I finally have a home office that I want to walk into in the morning. I’m no longer tempted to de-camp to the kitchen table, or heaven forbid, the sofa – I can put my music on, light a sweet smelling candle and get some work done surrounded by things I love.

home office with green walls, white furniture and lots of lovely plants

I decided at the last minute to move my London map print to the green wall where it looks much better framed in colour and put my Desenio botanical prints above the filing cabinet. Which probably won’t look this decorative for long. Yes, I do have a printer and officey stuff that will have to go somewhere unfortunately. And yes, I do have an entire wall of bookshelves for files, but who wants to look at that.

home office with green walls and white shelves

But I will be keeping the shelves above the desk looking pretty. All those lovely notebooks I have, finally have a place to go. Plus a few other things that are useful and NICE. As the shelves are made of metal it’s also a great place to put some inspirational postcards, carefully secured with magnets. Much tidier than a pinboard, because I have to admit I’m afraid I am a bit of a neat-freak and can’t stand clutter.

home office scheme with lots of lovely plants

This post has been written in partnership with Calligaris who are committed to producing stylish, practical and smart design furniture and who  pride themselves on creating high quality, innovative products. From pioneering extendable dining tables, to stackable chairs and clever storage solutions, Calligaris items capture evolving attitudes and changing needs to make contemporary living easier and more enjoyable. They are widely stocked across the UK. To find out nearest stockist, visit calligaris.co.uk

All views and photographs are my own.

The post My New Home Office is Now Revealed appeared first on Dear Designer.



from Dear Designer http://deardesigner.co.uk/my-new-home-office-is-now-revealed/

No comments:

Post a Comment