Monday 25 July 2016

Map Posters and Art with Special Meaning to You

personalised map prints - London - East End

Is it any wonder that map posters and typographic prints are so popular these days? You get a personalised piece of art to display on your wall. One that shows a place or a quote that has a special meaning to you. Very often at a reasonable price. And even better when you can customise the poster before ordering too.

personalised map prints - London - East End

When Grafomap asked me if I would like to order one of their customised map prints I was torn with indecision. Do I order one that shows a city I’ve been to and loved so much I want to be constantly reminded of it? Or do I choose a place that is still on my very long list of places-to-visit-someday? To inspire me to just do it. But, in the end I chose a map of my hometown. The place where I was born, grew up and lived most of my life. Until quite recently. So even more reason to choose London. To kinda remind myself of where I’m from. You know, in case I forget.

personalised map prints - London - East End

Even better, I could choose to zoom in or out. Or click and drag with the mouse to really pin-point the exact part of the city I wanted to highlight. Just East of the City in case you’re interested. I know my roots.

personalised map prints - London - East End

You can also choose with titles or without (I thought it looked more interesting with the latitude and longitude displayed), or in monochrome, blue and white, or colour. Playing around with the design is part of the fun and makes the map print that much more personal to you. Then once ordered, a print on bold matte 190g/m2 paper arrives in the post, ready to hang.

personalised map prints - London - East End

I’ve chosen to put mine in my newly renovated office. You can just see a slice of green wall (I know I’ve hinted that it’s green!), but I’ll be revealing more later on this week.

This post was written in collaboration with Grafomap but all views (and photographs) are my own.

The post Map Posters and Art with Special Meaning to You appeared first on Dear Designer.



from Dear Designer http://deardesigner.co.uk/map-posters-and-art-with-meaning/

No comments:

Post a Comment