Friday 15 July 2016

A Blue and White Bedroom Scheme

A touch of Moroccan Magic from Sainsburys Home [1]

It’s been a busy week here at chez Dear Designer’s. We’ve been putting the finishing touches to the garden pergola. It’s looking gorgeous (if I do say so myself), but you’ll have to wait until next week for the big reveal on that. And I’ve also been relocating my office to what was the guest bedroom and giving it a coat of paint (prepare yourselves, it’s very green). Which mean’t moving the guest bedroom to where the office used to be. Are you still with me? More to follow on that soon too. I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself I have to say, but, and there’s always a but. It’s really highlighted how bland and boring the guest bedroom is. It’s in dire need of some colour and impact with a capital ‘I’.

A touch of Moroccan Magic from Sainsburys Home

Then I spotted this image from Sainsbury’s Home. I’ve always liked that Kelly Hoppen Ikat wallpaper and it’s certainly big on impact. The biggest drawback to living in a modern new-build is the lack of any architectural features so wallpaper is a great way to add interest to a room. And I’m a big believer in shopping the highstreet for reasonably priced accessories that you don’t have to love forever.

So, with my existing white shutters, iron bedstead, and wooden furniture that just needs a fresh coat of white paint, I think we may have the start of a scheme I can live with and that will surprise my guests. I won’t be going fully down the Moroccan route but I do like the blue and white combination and the bedding that looks embroidered. I already have the star pendant light and a lovely ornate wardrobe that I upcycled with mirrors on each door panel a while ago and that I still love.

Dear Designer's Blog - Blue and White Scheme for a Guest Bedroom1.Kelly Hoppen Ikat Wallpaper, £18 per roll, Graham and Brown. 2.5.8. and 9. All Sainsburys Home. 3.Bedside Table, £99. The White Lighthouse. 4.Tablelamp, £125, Loaf. 6.Starlight Pendant, £325, Alexander and Pearl. 7.Olivia Bed, £199, The Original Bedstead Co.

Best thing of all? It won’t cost an arm and a leg.



from Dear Designer http://deardesigner.co.uk/a-blue-and-white-bedroom-scheme/

No comments:

Post a Comment