Monday 24 October 2016

The Rug Beneath My Feet

Ethnic pattern kelim in black and grey - practical choice for dog owners

I’ve been looking for a new rug for the living room for some time. I loved my Beni Ourain style rug. In fact I loved it a LOT, but then we got a dog. A cream shaggy rug and a big dog do not go together as you can imagine. Muddy paws, dog biscuit crumbs and the fact that he liked it rather too much for drying himself when he was wet, meant that the rug never looked clean. It was either the rug or the dog. And although the BF voted for the rug (only joking, I think), he was overruled and the rug had to go.

And then, just in the knick of time the lovely people at Modern Rugs invited me to choose a new one.

Ethnic pattern kelim in black and grey from Modern Rugs UK

So much choice!

And luckily for me, you can narrow your choice down to colour on the website, or modern or traditional, or shape, or size, or budget. Otherwise it might have taken me months to choose. Size was predetermined by the size of the room of course, and so was shape, but I was delighted to find that my preference for something dark and practical didn’t limit me at all when it came to style. In fact there was so much choice I had to narrow it down to a list of ‘favourites’ before making the final decision. Something that is very easy to do on their site.

Ethnic pattern kelim in black and grey from Modern Rugs UK

And I’m absolutely in love again.

I chose the Weconhome Fresh Kilim in black and grey for it’s lovely ethnic pattern. I was worried that there would be too much grey in the room but it fits in perfectly, and the pattern is a good foil for some of my African bits and pieces dotted around. It might even encourage me to take it further and start shopping for some tribal masks and mud cloth cushions. I usually get carried away like that.

Ethnic pattern kelim in black and grey - practical choice for dog owners

And Storm loves it too.

Modern Rugs UK generously gifted a voucher for the rug but all views and opinions are, as always, my own.

The post The Rug Beneath My Feet appeared first on Dear Designer.



from Dear Designer http://deardesigner.co.uk/rug-beneath-feet/

No comments:

Post a Comment