Tuesday 13 September 2016

Rockett St George Emporium Pops Up at Liberty’s

just a selection goods available this autumn at Rockett St George

A couple of weeks ago I hot-footed it to Liberty’s to see first hand the Rockett St George pop-up shop.

Rockett St George Emporium - a selection of the autumn collection

To say I’m a fan of this fabulous website is an understatement. It’s one of my favourite places to find unusual gifts, and I’m normally tempted into buying something for the home too. Well, it would be a shame not to. And it has slotted into Liberty’s as if it belongs there. Giant zebras stampede out of walls, tin tiles provide backdrops for unusual ceramics, and giant faux ferns provide camouflage for web-footed lamps. It’s like stepping into a Moroccan bazaar that just-so-happens to have cropped up in a Amazonian jungle, where African animals roam.

Rockett St George Emporium - a selection of the autumn collection and the faux plants

I was particularly keen to get up close to the said faux ferns. So often I’m disappointed by plastic leaves and unconvincing specimens. Fear not peeps, these are the real deal. The palms are realistic enough, and the little pots of assorted succulents were down-right juicy. I don’t think I’ll get away with taking home a paper-mache life-size zebra but I was tempted by the beautiful filigree skulls and the juju hats.

Rockett St George Emporium - a selection of the autumn collection

Sadly, I didn’t get the chance to take any pictures even though my camera was in tow. Much too busy guzzling cocktails and gossiping to Mad About The House and the fabulous Jane Rockett who was wearing the most amazing kaftan. Please stock them Jane. I’ll buy a dozen.

Rockett St George Emporium - a selection of the autumn collection

So, the next best thing – I’m sharing a selection of images of the autumn collection which you’ll find in the store.

Rockett St George Emporium - a selection of the autumn collection

If you get a chance to pop by Liberty’s be sure to visit the fourth floor. Rockett St George will be there until Christmas. Take a big bag.

The post Rockett St George Emporium Pops Up at Liberty’s appeared first on Dear Designer.



from Dear Designer http://deardesigner.co.uk/rockett-st-george-pops-up-libertys/

No comments:

Post a Comment