Friday 18 January 2019

Ring The Changes in the Bedroom With Just a Change of Bedding

I used to be a white sheets person. White cotton, freshly ironed, and with the minimum of decoration. And in fact it’s a look I still love, especially in a hotel room where I’m looking for luxury and cleanliness. But since decorating the master bedroom at home in a combination of black, white, and neutrals, I’ve come to appreciate the way patterned bedding can change the entire look of the room just with a linen swap. It helps that patterned duvet covers and pillowcases have risen to a whole new level lately. The choice is no longer between ‘landlady florals’ and ‘student flat’ stripes. Designs are nipping at the heels of the boldest avant-garde wallpapers, and can really make a statement all of their own.

Smart Black and White

Ring The Changes in the Bedroom With Just a Change of Bedding

I still love my crisp white bedding from Christy’s (gifted). The wide black stripe on the pillow and duvet edge brings the room together. They coordinate with the black and white walls and echo the black framed prints on the wall. While the neutral coloured headboard, sequinned cushion and rattan rug softens the effect of those hard lines nicely. A bit of sparkle and shine elsewhere and particularly on the silver aluminum bedside table, adds highlights and a bit of laid back glamour.

Dark Florals

Ring The Changes in the Bedroom With Just a Change of Bedding

I couldn’t resist the black floral bedding from Wallace and Cotton. It had been on my radar for some time and when it went into the sale I snapped it up. I couldn’t imagine the difference it made to the room. At the time I was still steadfastly clinging onto the idea that I wouldn’t like anything but white and I was wrong! The black and white throw no longer worked on this pattern (too much black) so I changed it for the cream faux fur throw. Voila!!

Cactus Greens

Ring The Changes in the Bedroom With Just a Change of Bedding

By the time Wallace and Cotton told me they were launching a cactus design I was sold (gifted but not on the website just yet). Initially I was going to use this in the guest bedroom, and I still might when I finally get around to decorating it. But for now it’s ringing the changes yet again in the master bedroom. In fact it’s doing a grand job of reminding me that it will one day be summer again, and it’s cheering me up no end. Out also came the leopard print throw from The French Bedroom Co (gifted) which is also destined for the guest bedroom, and I added some black cushions to tie the whole look into the black and white scheme.

So, I’m a patterned bedding convert. Just a quick change of the duvet cover, throw and cushions can create a whole new look and keep a room looking fresh. My BF will be very pleased. It means he won’t have to redecorate any time soon.

Some of the items in this post were gifted but I only work with companies I love and would happily buy from.

 

You Might Also Like

HOW TO CREATE THAT HOTEL CHIC EXPERIENCE IN YOUR OWN BEDROOM

WHAT’S YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IN THE BEDROOM

DESIGNER TIPS FOR CREATING A MORE MASCULINE BEDROOM SCHEME

The post Ring The Changes in the Bedroom With Just a Change of Bedding appeared first on Dear Designer.



from Dear Designer https://deardesigner.co.uk/ring-the-changes-in-the-bedroom-with-just-a-change-of-bedding/

No comments:

Post a Comment