Thursday 16 November 2017

The Luxury Bedroom Design Challenge with Juliettes Interiors

When Juliettes Interiors invited me to take part in their latest design challenge I jumped at the chance. I don’t have that many opportunities where I can let my imagination run completely free, so of course I said yes. All I had to do was choose one of their own luxury designer beds, and a Hypnos mattress from their site. And then design a room around it. What? No awkward room dimensions to contend with? No ugly heirloom furniture to seamlessly incorporate into a contemporary scheme? No husband with an absolute horror of floral fabrics and all things feminine? No client? Only kidding. All of my clients are absolutely lovely. But you get the idea.

I had no problem choosing a bed I have to say. Even though the amount of choice was at first a little bit daunting, I chose the High End Four Poster Button Upholstered Italian Bed because it is the ultimate fairytale bed. After all, what woman doesn’t secretly harbor a fantasy of sleeping behind a cloud of chiffon? And the buttoned upholstery and the handpainted ivory frame only add to the dreamlike quality of this sumptuous bed?

The practical side of me (when I’m not day dreaming about fantasy bedrooms) knows that a very important part of a good nights sleep is a good mattress so I’ve paired the bed with the Hypnos Orthos Latex Support Mattress. This mattress features a ReActive 10 pocket spring system. Every spring has 10 active turns – each one independently senses your shape and weight distribution to provide total spinal and body support. I know without a doubt I would sleep well on this.

TaDa!

The Moodboard

A fantasy bedroom designed around a luxury bed

And quite rightly a fairytale bed deserves a setting as otherworldly as it’s billowing curtains and gilded French curves. So I’ve taken inspiration from old faded photographs. The result is a combination of sepia tinted hues, tarnished metal, gilded angels wings, twinkling lights, luxurious fur and crushed velvet. A mixture of Miss Haversham’s house and a Mid Summer Night’s Dream. A mural of cavorting cherubs acts as a backdrop to this fantasy world of mythical creatures and forgotten times. A room of fleeting memories. Like the difficult to catch bars of an elusive tune. Like snippets of a forgotten dream.

Over on Pinterest you can see more of the inspiration behind the scenes.

luxury bedroom

But didn’t I say this was a challenge? Juliettes Interiors also asked some other interiors bloggers to design their perfect fantasy bedroom and the results couldn’t be more different! You can see all of the designs here. Prepare to be amazed.

The Details

 

You Might Also Like

WHAT’S YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IN THE BEDROOM

6 BATHROOM TRENDS THAT WILL BE HOT IN 2018

TRENDS: HOME DECOR INSPIRED BY NATURE

The post The Luxury Bedroom Design Challenge with Juliettes Interiors appeared first on Dear Designer.



from Dear Designer http://deardesigner.co.uk/luxury-bedroom-design-challenge-juliettes-interiors/

No comments:

Post a Comment