Thursday 17 November 2016

7 Simple Christmas Decorating Ideas from The White Company

Christmas Decorations = fir trees in zinc buckets, snow flakes in windows and a simple wreath or two

Yes, I know it’s ridiculously early to be talking about decorating the house for Christmas. Well, it is for me anyway. I’m usually the scrooge-like person who can’t be arsed to do anything until I absolutely have to. My decorations usually have a two week outing every year and they are gone and forgotten by New Year’s Day – what twelfth night? But for some reason, this year I am eager to get into the whole festive thing. Starting with decorating the house. So as this event is planned for the week after next I thought it was high time I started looking for inspiration.

And where better to start than The White Company? They seem to understand my need to keep things simple. I can’t do the whole tinsel on everything look. Or the red and green elves-in-an-alpine-meadow look either. Natural materials, pine cones, fir trees, and a few twinkling candles. That’s my thing.

Christmas Decorations start with the big tree - ideally in pride of place and reaching the ceiling

7.5ft Fir Christmas Tree – £250

Christmas Decorating – Idea No 1 – The Tree

The Tree is always the star of the show. The main event. If only I had a hallway like this to show it off. But what I can do is keep the colour palette to silver and white with lots of tiny flickering lights. And by keeping the colour of the wrapping paper to silver and gold too, the tree shines out.

Christmas decorations - line the mantle with candles and lights

Mercury Pillar Candle Holder – £25 (due in stores 8/12 but available to pre-order)

Christmas Decorating – Idea No 2 – The Mantelpiece

I don’t have a mantle-piece either. Oh dear. But what I do have is a sideboard that will be filled with night lights, fairy lights and candles, and a sprig or two of something natural. Might even forage in the woods. Don’t you just love how a mirror doubles the effect?

Christmas decorations = snowflakes in the window and twinkling lights

Silver Beaded Snowflake – £6

Christmas Decorating – Idea No 3 – The Window to the Street

I’m not one for outdoor fairylights but I do love to see a bit of what’s going on inside. These pretty snowflake ornaments are just the right side of simple and will make up for any lack of real snow.

Christmas decorations = fir trees in zinc buckets

Potted Spruce Christmas Tree (Pre Lit) – £35

Christmas Decorating – Idea No 4 – The Porch or Front Step

I do however like to see just a little something at the front door or in the porch. This lovely miniature trees are are pre-lit and just right for greeting guests.

Christmas decorations - a simple wreath

Eucalyptus And Winterberry Wreath – Large – £100

Christmas Decorating – Idea No 5 – The Wreath

And the traditional wreath doesn’t just have to be for the door. I always hang one over the mirror in the hall too. And I love them to be just pine cones and greenery. No tinsel in sight.

Christmas Decorations - a simple idea for the coffee table

Set of 2 Mini Potted Spruce Trees – Now £8.40

Christmas Decorating – Idea No 6 – The Coffee Table

And so the decorations are not just confined to the walls, how about a tray on the coffee table with dainty little trees and some miniature logs. So sweet.

Christmas decorations - a star lantern and a posy of greenery

Hanging Star Tealight Holder – £30

Christmas Decorating – Idea No 7 – Anywhere You Please

And finally, this lovely star tea light with a festive posy can be used anywhere you like.

The post 7 Simple Christmas Decorating Ideas from The White Company appeared first on Dear Designer.



from Dear Designer http://deardesigner.co.uk/7-simple-christmas-decorating-ideas-from-the-white-company/

No comments:

Post a Comment